Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Beginning

I don't know if I'd call it the beginning.

Exercise. Diet. Attitude. Activity. In my opinion - those are the things that make up a healthy lifestyle.

Since 2004, I've been a bit of a piggie. There are days when I'll run for an hour and feel amazing about my body. I would think to myself, this is the start of me getting back into shape. By the next day, the little piggie inside me would gobble up a quarter gallon of ice cream in one setting, or eat half a large pizza (or more, I can't bring myself to admit to more....), or even huge vat of Macaroni & Cheese would suddenly vanish from my cupboards with the only indication it used to exist being the now dirty pot with cheesy noodle residue.

I've used every excuse in the book. I have a test in the morning. I have to study. I have work. I promised a friend I'd go out with him/her.

But now school is over. I'm working a steady job and life is as scrambled as ever when it comes to finances, the abhorrent "dating" word and what next I want to do in my life. But enough is enough.

I can't fix my finances overnight. And dating - let's just admit that looking for love is an idiotic move and call it good. If it happens to find me, well that's nice and unexpected and maybe I'll consider opening my door.

Until then however, I'm going to fix the one thing I actually have some control over. My health.

If cancer (God forbid) decides to strike me, I can't really do too much to control that. But I can control what I eat, how much I eat, how I exercise and how often I hit up the gym or go running.

This blog will be my documentation - hopefully accurate - into my attempt at starting a healthy lifestyle.

I've already started, so now I just need to continue. This last week:

March 28 - Gym: 1 hour
March 29 - Running: 6.2 miles
March 30 - Gym: 1 hour
March 31 - Running: 6.2 miles
April 1 - Horrible date at 6pm that prevented my workout. Unless you count batting an idiotic date away from his stupid & fast advances. No! You can't touch me there! Seriously?!
April 2 - Running 6.2 miles - Legs want to kill me now

Follow this blog and I promise to document my attempt at getting into shape through a mixture of healthy eating and meticulous exercise. Ay yi yi....

No comments:

Post a Comment